Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The EX Factor



Life. You cannot control what happens; no matter how high the high, the only place to go is down.

We’d been dating two years, 18 months were spent living together. We were that couple everyone wanted to be. Physically and esthetically complimentary to one another; we made each other better in every way. I had found him, my partner in crime, and it changed everything.

When I moved to New York we were still dating, but as the black sedan pulled away from our place I knew deep down it would be the last time I would see him. A couple of weeks later our relationship ended.

The fantasy was finished. Everything had been turned upside down in an instant; moving away only made it all the more clear. It was over and I haven’t looked back since, until now. 

Let’s call him The Ex.

Years had gone by, two and a half to be exact, and not one word, email, or text message had passed between us. When it’s over it’s over; I had never been one to dwell on the past.

When I arrived back to the ‘scene of the crime’ to cover an event for an international publication, the last thing I expected was to see him; we had been so good at avoiding each other for so long. 

Never having kept in touch with an ex boyfriend, something made me want to change that. Even though The Ex broke my heart and made me question everything I thought I knew about love, I didn’t hate him. Why couldn’t we be friends? I emailed him. Just a few words, a peace offering and the suggestion to grab a coffee while I was in town. To my surprise, he responded.

And that is when everything changed.

2 comments:

  1. MORE Please!!!!!!!! Don't make us wait until next week, the anticipation is killing me.

    ReplyDelete